Personal information and documents we collect include:
- Identifying information such as your name, current/ former address, date of birth, copies of government issued identification, marital status, and contact information;
- Documents that you register with us such as your will, power of attorney, and advanced care directives; and
- Information provided to us in correspondence and other communications.
We collect, use and disclose personal information for numerous reasons, such as to:
- Verify your identity;
- Offer and provide you with Estate Protect products and services;
- Notify your Trusted Contacts, Attorney(s), and third parties when appropriate in accordance with our policies and procedures;
- Monitor, review and improve customer service and internal business processes;
- Audit or investigate the use of our products and services by our employees;
- Create and develop new products and services; and
- Comply with all applicable laws.
We gather your information from you and other sources:
We gather personal information from you, your representatives, and/or other third parties during the registration process and on an ongoing basis. We also keep a record of any material communications and inquiries we receive from you, your representatives, or third parties with respect to you.
Your rights to access and correct your personal information:
You are entitled to receive a copy of your personal information and documents that we have in our possession and control at no charge upon written request, subject to any legal restrictions or rights of refusal. We encourage all Estate Protect clients to request and review their personal information and documents that we have in our possession and control on a regular basis. By doing this, you can ensure that your personal information is up to date and help us to best serve your needs. Estate Protect will also contact you from time to time to request you to review the information we have and confirm its accuracy.
Requests should be made in writing and provide a summary of the information you wish to access. All requests should be directed to email@example.com.
Safeguarding your personal information:
Estate Protect maintains strict security safeguards when storing or destroying your personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. These standards are in place for all information, regardless of how it is stored. We regularly review, test, and enhance our systems to ensure they meet accepted industry standards. We also limit the number of employees who may access your personal information on a need-to-know basis: this means that only employees who need access to your personal information and documents to provide Estate Protect services or to meet any other legal requirements would have access to your personal information and documents.
Your consent and how you may withdraw it:
Estate Protect is able to provide its services only because you have authorized us to share certain information with third parties in accordance with the Registration Agreement and Terms of Service. You may withdraw or change the nature of your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will contact you directly to review your changes to ensure you continue to be covered by Estate Protect’s services as withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to continue to offer you Estate Protect’s services.
If you have a question or concern, please let us know:
Last updated April 4, 2018